Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Plummeting


     Tears fall. Plummeting towards the ground, I cringe. Footsteps appear behind me. I wipe the tears and gaze in a different direction. How could I let it get this far? A cold hand softly lays itself against my back. A wave of anger washes through me. My eyes narrow into slits, similar to the ones on my wrists. Thoughts swirl in my head until a quick slap throws me back into reality.

     I feed on her fear. I live on the nervous sweat, the desperate looks, the cries for help. I gently drag my finger across her spine. She drops her head. I know what she is thinking, and I know exactly what she wants. Something she will never be able to have. She is mine now. No matter how hard she tries, I know she will never be  strong enough. She will never be good enough. She will never beat me.

     He takes the ropes in his hand, and fiddles with them. I stare with hope, although he has done this so many times before, I can't help but think maybe I can beat him. Maybe just once I can make him happy. Maybe I can be better. But, as always, he let's the rope slip through his fingers.He leaves, but I know it will only be for a moment. I have to work fast. I turn around at unlatch the window, the ropes made It difficult, but I managed. I propped the window open and stood there. It was time. I let my weight fall backwards. I have never felt more free then the moment I took my own life. My body surged with pain. You're not good enough was the last thing I heard, before everything went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment